Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Oven-Baked Crispy Naan

And other delicious Indian recipes I'm making at home.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
Today On The Spruce
Oven-Baked Crispy Naan
Oven-Baked Crispy Naan (and Other Delicious Indian Recipes I'm Making at Home)
READ MORE
Mariana Gonzalez,
Email Editor
The other day I saw a tweet asking people about their best (restaurant) dining experience *ever*. My first thought was, "impossible." That's like asking people what their favorite food, song, or movie is. There are too many factors to consider, and I need specifics. "Favorite late night snack," "best sad girl song," "scariest nightmares-for-days horror film." Those are conversations I want to have.
 
I did love the question for a couple of reasons, though. The responses gave me tons of new restaurants from all over the world to yearn for and dream about. And the question itself made me reminisce over some incredible meals I've had — some with people who are no longer in my life, but whom I still have very wonderful feelings about. I love those kinds of memories, ones so firmly bound to place and time: a year, a season, a particular time in my life.
 
I still don't have a real answer to the question. But I have been thinking a lot about one particular meal since that day, a meal I had at Vij's, an Indian restaurant, in Vancouver, towards the end of a road trip in 2019. Two of my best friends (at the time) and I drove there from Los Angeles, stopping at national parks and big cities with loud bars and restaurants we had been anticipating for months. The trip was an especially healing, revelatory one for us, because it came at a fraught time in all of our lives.
 
That glorious meal felt like the culmination of that entire week, what it was all leading up to. We had amazing drinks (probably too many) and essentially ordered one of everything on the menu, which consisted of traditional Indian recipes with a focus on locally-sourced produce. We had chicken kabab, lentils, lots of vegetable sides, a super spicy goat curry, the best chutney I've ever had, and a dessert we should not have had room for. There was not a single miss. Every bite from beginning to end was nothing short of divine. For those couple of hours, everything in my life felt like it was exactly where it needed to be.
Today On The Spruce
What to Make This Week
Spicy Red Lentil Dahl
Spicy Red Lentil Dahl
A thick red lentil stew recipe that uses pantry staples and a single pot.
Get the Recipe
Chole Chickpea Curry
This Punjabi-style recipe comes from one of our writer's mother's kitchen.
Get the Recipe
Bund Gobhi: Stir Fry Cabbage
Bund Gobhi: Stir Fry Cabbage
Cabbage, tomatoes, and green chiles come together for a stir fry dish that packs incredible flavor.
Get the Recipe
Spice Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower's mild taste makes it the perfect canvas for traditional Indian spice blends like garam masala.
Get the Recipe
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
5 Easy Indian Recipes You Can Make at Home
5 Easy Indian Recipes You Can Make at Home
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Try Our Newest Recipes
Indian Curry Puffs
Malai Kofta: Indian Veggie Balls
Classic Indian Basmati Rice
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2021 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

No comments:

Post a Comment