Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Why This Weekender Bag Should Be on Every Overpacker’s Wish List

Plus, our top tips for overpackers.
TRAVEL TODAY



Luggage
Why This Weekender Bag Should Be on Every Overpacker's Wish List
As an overpacker, I'm always looking for a lightweight bag that can fit all my things but isn't too heavy or too big. About a year ago, I had a lot of back-to-back trips, so I bought the Calpak Stevyn Duffle Bag—and I've been a fan ever since.

The weekender bag has several pockets that help me bring as much as I possibly can on any given trip. I've used the back zipper pocket for small clothes like tank tops and shorts, but also my iPad on occasion. Plus, there are mesh pockets on the interior side of the bag that can fit small things that I don't want to get lost, including jewelery and toiletries.

But my absolute favorite part of the Calpak duffle is the shoe compartment on the bottom. It can fit up to three pairs of shoes, including my winter boots, so I don't have to worry about my shoes getting my clothes dirty. And for trips when I'm only bringing the shoes on my feet, sometimes I will put dirty clothes or swimsuits in there for the journey home.

On my most recent trip to Denver, I was able to fit four pairs of pants, a cardigan, four shirts, two pairs of shoes, and loungewear in my duffle, with extra room to spare for my toiletry bag. I've found that folding my clothes and placing them in the bag vertically not only saves space but also helps me to pull out clothes without unfolding everything else. And if you're an overpacker like me, I recommend wearing your bulkiest clothes on any trips where you're flying with just a carry-on. During my Denver getaway, I wore my winter boots, a hoodie, and coat on the plane, making it so that I could easily carry all my essentials.

But the Calpak duffle isn't the only great weekender bag out there. Read on to discover the right luggage for you!


READ NOW



Janea Wilson
Intern


Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products and services; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.

Luggage
12 Functional and Stylish Weekender Bags for Your Next Short Getaway
read more
Luggage
Away's The Everywhere Bag Is a Modern, Minimalist Delight
read more
Tech & Gear
Avoid Hefty Checked Baggage Fees at the Airport With These Luggage Scales
read more
Tech & Gear
Breeze Through Airport Security With Our Top-Recommended TSA-Approved Containers
read more
Luggage
These Are the Best Luggage Deals of February 2022
read more
Luggage
15 Carry-On Backpacks for Light Packers, Heavy Packers, and Everyone in Between
read more
Luggage
10 Packing Cubes to Help You Organize All Your Clothes and Gear
read more
Luggage
7 Travel Jewelry Cases to Keep Your Pieces Tangle-Free
read more
VACATION LIKE A PRO
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the Travel Today newsletter.
If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here
A DOTDASH BRAND
© 2021 Dotdash.com - All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment