Saturday, February 26, 2022

This Recipe for Louisiana Creole Gumbo Comes With a Warning

Believe me. It's that good.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
The Good TImes Are Rolling
The Good TImes Are Rolling...Let's Go!
Kysha Harris,
Editor
While the maternal side of my family is from Louisiana, I am sad to say I have never been to a New Orleans Mardi Gras. I too cannot believe it. All of that laissez les bonne temps roulez, food, and fun looks like a time to be had. Bucket list, make some room.
 
Thankfully I have been to New Orleans and can attest to the legacy of this food city. I make sure I get it all in when I'm there. From a good Sazerac cocktail and an oyster or shrimp po' boy, or a muffaletta sando to all of kinds of killer sweets like native bananas foster, essential beignets from Cafe Du Monde or pralines (watch that pronunciation), and all of the good stuff in between. There's that étouffée and jambalaya that you cannot say without ending up with a smile on your face. And I'm missing out if I don't get messy with New Orleans BBQ shrimp.
 
As if the food angels have aligned just in time for the celebration, we just completed photography on my family recipe for Louisiana Creole gumbo. When I tell you, you need to tell your mama to protect her face after you try it for fear of a slap, believe me. Yes, it is THAT good.
 
Now, either head out and support a local baker or make this simple king cake with store bought ingredients and don't forget to add a little hidden token for a lucky guest to discover. Go forth and let the good times roll.
READ MORE
Today On The Spruce
New Orleans Recipes
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
Instant Pot Jambalaya
Chicken Étouffée
Chicken Étouffée
20-Minute French Quarter Beignets
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
Pro Chef Makes Pancit Canton, Cantonese Noodles
Pro Chef Makes Pancit Canton, Cantonese Noodles
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
More Recipes to Try
New Orleans Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Classic Sazerac Cocktail
Bananas Flambé
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2022 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

No comments:

Post a Comment