Wednesday, March 23, 2022

How to Prepare for a National Park Trip

"Preparing for my trip made it so much easier to overcome the jitters of trying something new."
TRAVEL TODAY



National Parks
How to Prepare for a National Park Trip
While I've always admired national parks, I've often felt like I would have to be very well-versed in outdoor things before going to one. I didn't know I would be able to navigate any one of them on my own, and I wasn't sure how to even go about preparing for a national park trip. Recently, though, I visited Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and it wasn't as intimidating as it seemed. Here are the two things that helped me on my trip:
  • One thing that helped me tremendously was my Osprey backpack. I was able to store my jacket, first aid kit, and essentials without feeling too weighed down, and the straps were super comfortable. Plus, they conformed to my shoulders, so I didn't have to worry about readjusting them mid-hike. But the biggest perk was the drink pouch, which fit my reusable water bottle nicely and allowed me to hike hands-free, making trekking the trails easier for me.
  • While it was great to have hiking boots that were durable and great for all-terrain, I also couldn't skimp when it came to socks. I bought a pack of Bombas compression socks, which provided just enough cushion for my feet but didn't make them feel hot or uncomfortable throughout the day. The compression also helped with some of the soreness that came with the high level of activity.
Preparing for my trip made it so much easier to overcome the jitters of trying something new. It was great for me to pre-plan some hike routes that were suitable for my ability and the amount of time I wanted to spend on the trails. And, now that I have the right gear, I feel a lot more confident planning my next national park trip.


READ NOW



Janea Wilson
Intern


Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products and services; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.

Tech & Gear
The 10 Best Hiking Gear Items of 2022
read more
Tech & Gear
8 Travel Water Bottles That Are Lightweight, Durable, and Leak-Proof
read more
Trails & Climbs
Our Go-To Hiking Pants for Staying Dry and Cool on Any Trail
read more
Food & Drink
Fuel Up in the Great Outdoors With These Easy-to-Pack Snacks
read more
Shoes
These Men's Hiking Boots Will Support Your Feet in the Roughest Terrain
read more
Accessories
The Perfect Socks for Hiking in Comfort—and Style—Regardless of Your Footwear
read more
Trails & Climbs
9 Hiking Shirts That Offer Temperature Regulation and Protection From the Sun
read more
Health & Beauty
Protect Your Skin With These Dermatologist-Recommended Sunscreens
read more
VACATION LIKE A PRO
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the Travel Today newsletter.
If you wish to unsubscribe, please click here
A DOTDASH BRAND
© 2021 Dotdash.com - All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.

If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment