Saturday, January 22, 2022

Sweet Dreams Are Made of Cheese

It doesn't get feta than this.
 ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
The Spruce Daily
It Doesnt Get Feta Than This
It Doesn't Get Feta Than This
Victoria Heydt, Editorial Project Manager
As you probably figured out from my last newsletter on how to use up leftover herbs, my goal for 2022 is to make tiny changes to my food habits. Ones that allow me to tap into my creative juices, broaden my culinary horizons, make more things from scratch, and reduce food waste.
 
That's why, my next project is making cheese at home. Yes, you read that right. I knowingly want to spend 40+ hours making a product I could buy in a grocery store.
 
"But why, V? Why would you want to do that?!"
 
So glad you asked! For me, there is something incredibly satisfying and rewarding about creating something with my own two hands. Plus, these endeavors help support my local farmers by buying fresh produce, herbs, and dairy products that will go into the making of these brie-lliant cheese creations.
 
The plan is to start off with feta. I love feta. I could put it on almost anything. The saltiness paired with the soft texture makes it a great addition to salads, pasta dishes, burgers, pita bread, and beets. It's even great all by itself with some oil and herbs.
 
While it doesn't melt as easily as say a mozzarella, it provides a lovely burst of briny flavor to whatever dish you add it to. (Which is grate!)
 
I know the process is not going to be easy. I know I'll most likely get frustrated. And, I know I'll probably fall off the bandwagon every once in a while. But, that's okay. The goal isn't about being perfect. It's about concerted effort.
 
Intrigued and want to try making cheese yourself? We have a great guide on the tools you'll need, the best cheese books you can reference, and cheesemaking kits you can utilize.
 
What tiny food habits are you looking to change or introduce in 2022? And, how are you doing on those goals? Let us know on Facebook and Instagram @thespruceeats.
 
Victoria Heydt
Editorial Project Manager, The Spruce Eats
READ MORE
Today On The Spruce
Try Our Newest Recipes
Baked Feta Pasta
Baked Feta Pasta
Turkish Fried Feta Rolls
Melitzanes Me Feta
Melitzanes Me Feta
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Today On The Spruce
The Spruce Eats on YouTube
Teeny Tiny Food Habits for 2022
The Spruce Eats' Teeny Tiny Food Habits for 2022
Watch & Learn
Spruce Eats Banner
Today On The Spruce

Did somebody forward you this email? Sign Up for The Spruce Eats Newsletter!

Have feedback? Send us an email at contact@thespruceeats.com, subject line: Newsletter Feedback.
The Spruce
Follow us:  
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to The Spruce Eats newsletter. Unsubscribe
© 2022 Dotdash.com — All rights reserved. Privacy Policy.
A DOTDASH BRAND 28 Liberty Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY, 10005

No comments:

Post a Comment